- Rye7 lbs
- Barley2 lbs
- Malt1 lb
- Water6 Gallons
- Yeast1 Ounces
- Heat water to 70 degrees and then mix in malt and grain.
- While stirring the mixture slowly heat to 160 degrees (raise temperature 5 degrees every two minutes).
- Keep mixture at 160 degrees stirring constantly for 2-3 hours to convert starch into fermentable sugar and dextrin.
- Filter off liquid and place into fermentation device to cool to 70-80 degrees.
- Immediately pitch with 3 grams of yeast.
- To avoid secondary fermentation and contamination, add 1 gram of ammonium of fluoride.
- Stir liquid for 1 minute then cover and seal with an airlock.
- Mash will take 5-7 days to ferment.
- After fermentation is complete, pour into still filtering through a pillow case to remove all solids.