Black Beard’s Rum
- Add two pounds of sugar per one gallon of water and one cup of honey for every ten gallon batch.
- Start hydrometer reading of about 90, do not exceed 100.
- Add 1 to 3 ozs of yeast per 10 gallon mash.
- Heat 1/4 of your water to 120 or 130 degrees, only hot enough to melt the sugar, then stir in your sugar and then the honey last.
- Pour it into your fermenter and finish filling with cool water to cool it down to 80 degrees.
- Take the hydrometer reader and adjust as needed, then add your yeast
- 6 to 14 days to ferment.
Yields about 12% alcohol.